“There Are Only 4 Ways of Improving Your Profits - 3 of Them Depend on Marketing!
(And Marketing Can Help With the 4th One too)
Marketing is simply too important to be left to ‘marketing professionals’.
These Days, in Business, It’s Survival of the Fittest!
These days, in business, it’s survival of the fittest. If your business isn’t going forward, it’s probably sliding towards oblivion. Sorry - I’m just telling it the way it is.
1. We can increase the value of sales by selling to more people.
2. We can increase the value of sales by increasing the amount of transactions with the same people (e.g. repeat sales).
3. We can increase the value of sales by increasing the value of transactions with the same people (e.g. upsells).
4. We can cut costs.
Cost-Cutting is Corporate Weight Loss; It Can be Good - or Bad
In times of business stress, what do managers do first? They usually cut costs - because cutting costs is relatively easy. The first cost that tends to be cut is the marketing budget (which is serious madness - that’s the one that probably needs increasing, to get more business!)
What Would Increasing Turnover By 40% Do To Your Profits?
Let’s take another approach to improving profits. If you increased sales by just 12%, what would that do to your profits? It would probably increase them by far more than 12%.
1. Increased sales by 12%, and:
2. Increased the amount of transactions by 12%, and:
3. Increased the value of transactions by 12%
You’d have increased your turnover by a huge 40%. What would that do to your profits? Double them?? Triple them??? Or more!
Improved Marketing Can Send Your Profits into Overdrive!
Improved marketing can send your profits into overdrive. That’s